Sports Stingers: 18 May 20
Posted By Terrio
- WWE and wrestler Drew Gulak parted ways. This is after Gulak lost his match to Daniel Bryan in the Intercontinental Championship tournament.
- Jinder Mahal is rumored to have a babyface run now that he’s back. He’s been absent due to recovering from a knee injury. While being interviewed he stated that his journey will be a hero’s journey.
- NBA.com is reporting that Kobe Bryant, his daughter Gianna, and the rest of the passengers in the crash all died instantly. The Los Angeles County coroner reported that the victims had broken bones, dismembered body parts, and smelled of fuel. The report summarized that they all died from the blunt force trauma of the crash and not the subsequent injuries. Bryant and the others were heading to a tournament, but the helicopter flew into thick fog and they crashed, and when the pilot, Ara Zobayan, tried to clear it, the helicopter took a turn and crashed into the hills. They are reported to have crashed at 184 mph with the impact scattering the bodies and debris over the size of a football field. Bryant was found outside the wreckage, his daughter found on the ravine. For more on this sad story: https://www.nba.com/article/2020/05/16/autopsies-show-bryant-passengers-died-instantly
- NBA teams started to reopen their gyms and allow players to work out. Kevin Love expressed how happy he was to return to the gym. There still isn’t any news on if the season will continue, but owners are working on a plan that may see players return, but with no fans in attendance.
- Eagles center Jason Kelce believes Andre Dillard can take over at left tackle. Dillard is going into his second season and was drafted in hopes of taking over from Jason Peters. Peters is exploring free agency and it appears won’t be coming back. This is the first time since Peters arrived in Philly, that the Eagles had to worry about the position. The Eagles made it into the playoffs due to the Dallas Cowboys’ poor play in the last four weeks of the season.
- William Douglas, a writer for the NHL, hosts a blog called The Color of Hockey on the NHL site which covers people of color in the game of hockey. In his most recent post, he talks about Reggie Millette.
- MLB.com has a feature article on the best moments in each ballpark’s history.