WWE News & Results: April 28, 2020
Posted By Terrio
- WWE releases former UFC heavyweight champion, Cain Velasquez. Reported by Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Cain debuted on the first Fox network episode of Smackdown and enter a world championship feud with then WWE champion Brock Lesnar.
- WrestleTalk reports that Gerald Brisco was released by WWE. WWE released 40% of its entire workforce over a week ago. Gerald Brisco has been with the company since 1984 and responsible for seeing talent in Brock Lesnar.
- The former WWE tag team, The Revival, were released from their contracts before WWE released their workforce. The Revival, now going by The Revolt, tried leaving back in January 2019. It’s rumored that they are seeking a deal with AEW that will allow them to wrestle with AEW and other promotions. This would be the same contract that AEW’s Chris Jericho, John Moxley, and Kenny Omega have with the company.
WWE Monday Night Raw Results for April 27, 2020:
- Samoa Joe is back on commentary.
- Money in the Bank Raw participants Apollo Crews, Rey Mysterio, and Aleister Black appeared on the MVP Lounge. They were interrupted by Zelina Vega’s faction consisting of United States Champion Andrade, Angel Garza, and Austin Theory
- Rey, Black, and Crew defeated Andrade, Garza, and Theory. After the match Apollo slap Andrade to set up a United States champions match as the main event.
- There was a video package for Triple H’s 25th anniversary.
- Nia took out both her opponents resulting in a no-contest with Asuka and Shayna Blazer.
- Bobby Lashley convinced his wife, Lana, to stay backstage. He went on to defeat Denzel Dejournette.
- Liv Morgan defeated Ruby Riot for the second straight week.
- The Viking Raiders challenged the WWE Raw tag team champions, The Street Profits.
- Jinder Mahal returned to defeat Akira Tozawa.
- Apollo injured his knee in his match with Andrade forcing the referee to stop the match. Apollo will be pulled from the Money in the Bank match later this month.
- Cedric Alexander and Ricochet defeated Ever-Rise. They accepted MVP’s challenge after the match.
- In the main event WWE Champion Drew Mcintyre and number one challenger, Seth Rollins had their contract signing. Drw smashed Seth Rollins’s head into the table before being attacked by Murphy. Embracing Murphy, Rollins avoided a claymore from drew that connected with Murphy.