The Art of Visual Storytelling: Week 2
January 13 – 19, 2020
Another fun week of writing. I did well in all the assignments. I scored a 90 on the Interior assignment. I scored a 100 on everything else, so I finished with an average of 96. My class G.P.A is 98.
- Exterior Locations:
- We discussed how it’s better to show, rather than tell by watching a Pixar short, PIPER. We had to explain how the location affected the main character.
- Using our characters from last week’s persona assignment, we scripted a scene using only interior slugline.
- Cliches Vs Tropes
- We discussed cliches and tropes. I scored low on the quiz because I didn’t realize how many cliches there is.
- Children’s Books
- We learned that scripting can go hand in hand with writing children’s books. This is another area of interest for me.
- Kids’ Shows
- Our lecture this week was on children’s television shows. We went over Sesame Street and how as a writer you have to hide the educational piece and violence in kids shows.
- Terrio_Jenkins_Week 2_Kids Shows_Muppet Description
- We listened to a clip on how video games make more money than film/animation/television. Writers are turning to games as another source of income and freedom.
- Second Chapter: A Stranger (Flash Fiction)
- Prose: FlashFictionChapter2_TheConception